While it hasn't amounted to a heck of a lot more than some snow so far the region is in a bit of a panic after the recent hurricane. So it was that every place started closing early and we got a call from the day care center to pick the boys up a few hours early this evening.
After getting them home I made a quick pasta with rendered bacon, garlic, onion, roasted Brussels sprouts, cream, and Parmigiano-Reggiano. I also cut some pasta sheets to make some pappardelle to serve it with along with fresh sage, salt, pepper, and a pat of butter.
For beer tonight we had another Imperial Pumpkin, this time from Weyerbacher. It was a very nice beer and ranked somewhere in the middle of the pack of this year's pumpkin beers but towards the bottom of the Imperial Pumpkin variety.
2012 Pumpkin Beer Standings
- River Horse Brewing Company Hipp-O-Lantern Imperial Pumpkin - subtle flavors, perfect balance
- Shipyard Brewing Company Smashed Pumpkin - more pumpkin than spice
- Samuel Adams Fat Jack Double Pumpkin Ale - rich maltiness
- Southern Tier Brewing Company Pumking - fresh pumpkin muffin batter
- Long Trail Brewmasters Series Imperial Pumpkin - dubbel-style malt
- Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale - good malt, heavy spice
- Uinta Brewing Company Punk'n - nicely balanced
- Samuel Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale - creamy head and molasses
- New Holland Brewing Company Ichabod Ale - heavy spice
- Captain Lawrence Brewing Company Pumpkin Ale - slightly sour
- Fire Island Beer Company Pumpkin Barrel Ale - too much cinnamon
Post a Comment