That means that every night after getting home, cooking dinner, and puttin the wombats to sleep I need to clean six bottles and three sets of Jen's pumping equipment. I probably should have assumed this would happen but for some reason I figured with the thousands of dollars a month we were spending that the day care place would just take care of everything. In fact, for the money we're paying it would be great if they picked up and dropped off the babies to our door at the end of the day.
Nothing this expensive should be this much work.
Luckily yesterday's storm didn't amount to much other than a good accumulation of snow. This gave the Wombats their first experience with the white stuff. They enjoyed this tremendously from the coziness of their fleece-lined car seat liners.
After getting home and dealing with a 90-minute gripe session from the guys I cracked open a beer for the evening. Jen getting home from work seems to signal the end to the guys' early evening fuss each day this week. I took advantage of this tonight by opening this UFO Unfiltered Pumpkin Beer by Harpoon Brewery. This was easily my favorite of the non-imperial pumpkin beers of the season and even beat out one of the imperial versions. It was a well balanced wheat-style that didn't overdo it with the pumpkin and spice flavors. I'd recommend this one highly.
2012 Pumpkin Beer Standings
- River Horse Brewing Company Hipp-O-Lantern Imperial Pumpkin - subtle flavors, perfect balance
- Shipyard Brewing Company Smashed Pumpkin - more pumpkin than spice
- Samuel Adams Fat Jack Double Pumpkin Ale - rich maltiness
- Southern Tier Brewing Company Pumking - fresh pumpkin muffin batter
- Long Trail Brewmasters Series Imperial Pumpkin - dubbel-style malt
- Harpoon UFO Unfiltered Pumpkin - wheaty and balanced
- Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale - good malt, heavy spice
- Uinta Brewing Company Punk'n - nicely balanced
- Samuel Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale - creamy head and molasses
- New Holland Brewing Company Ichabod Ale - heavy spice
- Captain Lawrence Brewing Company Pumpkin Ale - slightly sour
- Fire Island Beer Company Pumpkin Barrel Ale - too much cinnamon
So true about the daily bottle and pump supplies cleaning... Sorry to break it to you, but once they start eating "real food", you have to start cooking special stuff for them and packing actual food for them every night for the next day. I agree someone should have notified us parents about this added nightly routine :-)
It's completely unfair. I feel like someone else should have to do all the cleaning of dishes. By the time you get done with your day it's just not fair that you have to do that too.
It's easy to see how some parents snap.
Post a Comment